Annenberg Space for Photography
Exhibits feature stunning prints, digital photographs shown on two 13' screens, and a original short documentary film. Exhibits change several times a year. Admission is always free.
Revealing complexities both on and off the island, the current exhibit Cuba Is explores aspects of Cuba not easily accessed by foreigners, and sometimes not even by Cubans themselves. Born from indigenous, African and European roots, divergent politics and limitations in communication and commerce, the Cuba seen in this exhibition goes beyond the folklore and offers new insight into its current reality. Over 120 photos feature subjects ranging from defiant youth known as “Frikis” to the hard-partying children of the 1%, the underground system of sharing digital content—“El paquete”—to Miami’s Chonga girls. Cuba Is runs from September 9, 2017 to March 4, 2018.
Hours of Operation
Wed - Sun: 11 AM - 6 PM
Mon, Tues: CLOSED
- ADA Accessible
- Accepts Credit Cards
- Facebook URL: facebook.com/annenbergspaceforphotography/
- Family Friendly
- Hours of Operational - Seasonal: See website for special hours or closures.
- Instagram Handle: @annenbergspace
- Instagram URL: instagram.com/annenbergspace
- Public Space ADA Compliant
- Self Parking
- Student Group Friendly
- Tour Group Friendly
- Twitter Handle: @annenbergspace
- Twitter URL: twitter.com/AnnenbergSpace
- Valet Parking